Note: this Policy relates only to Children and Young People under the age of 18.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT:
The Humber Junior Squash Academy is strongly committed to encouraging our members to take part, but the health, well-being and safety of each individual is always our paramount concern. We recommend levels of training dependent on age and ability, and expect our junior athletes to participate within these boundaries."
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY:
To support our Health & Safety Policy Statement we are committed to the following duties:
AS A HJSA COACH WE HAVE A DUTY TO:
- Undertake regular, recorded risk assessment of the club/school premises and all activities undertaken by the club
- Create a safe environment by putting health & safety measures in place as identified by the assessment
- Ensure that all members are given the appropriate level of training and competition by regularly assessing individual ability dependant on age, maturity and development
- All coaches to hold a valid (within 3 years of attendance) First Aid qualification (minimum Emergency First Aid)
- Ensure that all members are aware of, understand and follow the HJSA’s Health & Safety Policy
- Ensure that normal operating procedures and emergency operating procedures are in place and known by all members
- Provide access to adequate first aid facilities, telephone and qualified first aider at all times
- Record any injuries or accidents sustained during any activity or whilst on the club premises
- Ensure that the implementation of the policy is reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness (policy will be reviewed on an annual basis through the AGM)
- Take reasonable care for your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or not do
- Co-operate with the club/school on health & safety issues
- Use equipment safely
- Not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare.
The HJSA hereby adopts and accepts this constitution as a current operating guide regulating the actions of members.